Friday, September 24, 2010

Road to Success with Shannon Skinner...

After listening to “Extraordinary Women with Shannon Skinner”, I realized how much we both have in common by trying to inspire people with other people’s success stories. Her new web TV Talk show brings some amazing and inspiring women together to share their message and motivate people to reach their own dreams. Shannon has an impressive background and has accomplished many great projects in her nineteen years of public relations consulting. She’s not only intelligent but also very creative in all her work. She wrote a book  “The Whispering Heart: Your Inner Guide to Creativity” which gives advice and wisdom on how best to unlock one’s creative power. Also, in 2007 Shannon was invited to attend the prestigious University of Oxford's Creative Writing Summer Programme – one of only a few select writers chosen from around the world.

Here is what Shannon had to say…

Question: Could you explain what kind of services you offer?

Answer:  I am the owner of a Toronto-based public relations company, Skinner Publicity – PR for Experts, which provides media relations/publicity services for experts, speakers, authors, consultants, coaches and entrepreneurs who have an inspiring or crucial message.  
Experts, executives and thought leaders need to have a reputable public profile to be successful. They also need a way to get their messages out and build relationships with their audiences. One of the most cost-effective and quickest ways is to harness the power of the media. And that is what we do: we help experts harness the power of the media and get recognized.

I am also a writer/producer. The first book I authored is "The Whispering Heart: Your Inner Guide to Creativity", followed by the upcoming book "Success On Their Own Terms: Extraordinary Women Who Dared". My newest creation is a one-hour, weekly, 'live,” web TV talk show entitled “Extraordinary Women with Shannon Skinner,” which I host and produce.

Question: Who would be your perfect client?

Answer: My perfect client is an inspiring, professional speaker/author/entrepreneur who is dedicated to personal/professional transformation, and making a difference in the lives of millions of people around the world.

Question: What inspires you?

Answer: I get inspired by witnessing people opening their hearts and then acting on their heart's desires. I also get inspired by learning from people who I admire, either from reading their biographies or articles about them, or watching documentaries about their lives. Travel really inspires me creatively. I do my best writing while on my world travels; and I do my best strategic thinking on an airplane.

Question: How do you define Success?

Answer: To me, success is having the ability to open my heart, listen to its whispers and then acting on its desires.

Question: What has been your biggest challenge as an entrepreneur?

Answer: My biggest challenge as an entrepreneur has been “focus.” In a way, focus is a dirty word in my world, given that I have a range of creative skills and talents. But I have managed to create a business model that not only allows me to harness my skills and talents in a way that is of a valuable service to others, it is aligned with who I am personally and my top values as a human being.

Question: What has been your proudest moment in your business?

Answer: I have had many proud moments for a variety of reasons; therefore it is difficult to nail down just one. But, I would say my most recent proud moment was on September 7, 2010 at 10AM when I launched my inaugural “live” web TV talk show, “Extraordinary Women with Shannon Skinner.” I grew up in a family of broadcasters, so it is in my blood. My new role seems to be a natural extension of my media expertise and PR background, blended with my coaching ability.

Question: How do you use the internet /technology to promote yourself and your business?

Answer:  I am embracing social media more and more. Facebook has been a fantastic tool for me to connect with inspiring people from around the world. I am now embracing Twitter and other social media networking sites including MySpace.com, YouTube, blogging, and so forth. While social networking helps to promote my public relations services and build relationships, my web TV talk show “Extraordinary Women with Shannon Skinner” relies on it.

Question: What is your new project “Extraordinary Women with Shannon Skinner” web TV show?

Answer: “Extraordinary Women with Shannon Skinner” is a one-hour “live” weekly web TV show that features dynamic conversation with women who have the courage to listen to their hearts and make a difference – on their own terms. Guests are successful women from all walks of life who share their dramatic insights on how to get to exactly where you want to be. So, I invite everyone to tune in to hear their secrets of success and achievements - and stories of adventure – for women everywhere! It is broadcast "live" on Tuesdays at 10AM EST on Thatchannel.com and also archived for those who wish to view the episodes at a later time).

Question: If you could share one piece of advice with aspiring entrepreneurs, what would it be?

Answer: Listen to the whispers of your heart and then find the courage to act on your heart's desires.

Question: Fast forward Five years, what do you see?

Answer:  My vision is to inspire millions of people to open their hearts and follow their bliss -- through books, media and film. I have more books in me to write and more productions to create. I intend on creating a foundation that helps young disadvantaged girls develop mentorships/friendships with successful business women. I see more world travel, as well as more wealth, wisdom, and of course, spending more quality time with my loved ones.


You can find Shannon Skinner on:

Website Skinner Publicity – PR for Experts
Facebook
Facebook Page
Twitter
Extraordinary Women TV
LinkedIn
MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment